May 19, 2011

Japanese gals mecca, 109

 Shibuya 109 is very popular among Japanese young women, so called gals who like to wear clothes or to put make up on that are introduced in magazines like popteen, ageha or nuts. They tend to have bright hair and heavy make ups on their face.

 A first 109 in Kansai area, which is Abeno 109 opened in April 26th. According to a msn news, manager said that a company which runs 109 has not avoided opening it in Kansai area. He says that they could not find good place or building for it. The company chose abeno area, because many young people come there nowadays to do shopping at Abeno hoop or Tennoji Mio. Abeno 109 are getting a lot of attention whether they can beat Umeda or Shinsaibashi area where many young people go to.



  

Entrance of Abeno 109

 Abeno 109 is in a second floor of Q's Mall. Q's Mall itself seemed like good shopping mall for family to visit to me, but once I entered in 109 space, there were many young women and couples. Hip-hop or R&B musics were played at all of shops.
 When I was walking around there, I found an interesting shop. The shop is called SBY. At first, I was attracted by this big sign of the shop.

  Unfortunately, I do not know who they are, but I think they are models for fashion magazines for gals. I found several unique things about this store. It sells colorful key-chains, accessories, cosmetic and so on. It also sells food, such as tapioca drinks, crepe and parfait. Customers even fix their make-ups or hair style in one space at this store. Please look at this SBY website, if you are interested what this store is like. I have never seen this sort of "useful" shops where customers can do many things at one place. I think this shop will be liked many young people, because they can try new makeups and fix hair by using hair curler. Since they can get the newest information about beauty products there, they might stop by to check it out, even though they do not need to buy something.
Food menu

Eating or relaxing space and makeup space
 To me, gal culture is very important aspect of Japanese culture. Since shibuya 109 is a little far away from Osaka, if you are interested in Japanese gal culture, I really recommend abeno 109.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh... Abeno/Tennoji has changed so much since I came to Japan. It used to be so much more traditional as opposed to all the pika pika of Umeda and Namba... But things do change and this is certainly an interesting one.

    ReplyDelete